Members of the AAGD Scientific Committee – AAGD theme-based partnerships – AAGD strategic and financial partnerships
The Annual African Governance Days will provide an opportunity to pool current work on governance on the continent; they will also be a setting for debate and forward-looking reflection on Africa’s governance agenda with respect to international and African stakes.
ARGA hopes to carry out this project in partnership with other organisations in Africa and the world.
1. Prof. Souleymane Bachir Diagne, University of Columbia - New York, U.S.A.
2. Prof. Achille Mbembe, University of Witwatersrand - Johannesburg, South Africa
3. Prof. Adebayo Olukoshi, Executive Director of the African Governance Institute - Dakar, Senegal
4. Prof. Gustave Massiah, former director of the CRID (Research and Information Centre for Development) - Egypt-France
5. Prof. Dominique Darbon, University of Bordeaux - France
6. Pierre Calame, President of the Charles Léopold Mayer Foundation - Paris-France
7. Prof. Iva Cabral, University Professor, Amilcar Cabral Foundation - Praia, Cape Verde
The Amilcar Cabral Foundation is a strategic partner for the organization of the Conference « Africa invents its governance » in Praia, Cape Verde
The City of Praia, Cape Verde, and service of decentralized cooperation supporting the organization of the Conference « Africa invents its governance »
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and in particular the Permanent Secretariat of ECOWAS National Unit, supports the Conference on « Africa invents its governance »
The Charles Léopold Mayer Foundation for the progress of humanity is an independent foundation created under Swiss law. Its goal, as stated in the by-laws, is very wide in scope: to finance, through grants and loans, research and actions that contribute in a significant and innovative manner to man’s progress through science and social development. The foundation wants to contribute to the major changes that mankind must effect in the 21st century. It is one of the founding members of the Alliance and its principal methodological and financial partner
L’African Innovation Foundation seeks to establish cooperation platforms for institutions, investors and scientists and promote ideas to support them. AIF also wishes to promote transparent processes and procedures within the public sector and combat illegitimate appropriation and dissipation of resources within both the private and public domains
The Institute for research and debate on governance is a Paris-based think tank with an office in Bogota. Its mission is to lead and enrich debate on governance by providing expertise, setting up training modules, organising seminars and gathering and disseminating documentation (website and publications) to help design government policies and development programmes, and also to identify new fields of study
Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs: France in international relations, is a financial partner of the Conference